Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: gate city vs. burton

  1. #11
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    From all the players I have talked to, Jimbo is not just going to play his starters the first half and then take them out....Everyone that I have talked to has said that he is going for the win, I think he sees it as a chance for us to get better before the playoffs and you really want that momentum too...

  2. #12
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    Adams, I don't think, will have the luxury of playing his starters only the first half anyway. IMO, JIB better be ready to play 4 quarters.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    Why should they play 4 quarters for? If I were Jimbo..I would sit the starters out. This game is meaningless, IMO.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    Meaningless?? Tell that to all those Burton players who want that perfect season. What if they go on to win the state title this year, but lose to GC friday. They'll always wonder if they were actually better than GC. What's the point of even showing up if you're not gonna try to win the game???
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  5. #15
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    Maybe he will. If I were a coach, I'd play every game to win.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    In a way, I'm not surprised.

    If Adams wanted to be conservative with his starters, he could have pulled them out after the first quarter of several games this year.

    I understand wanting to be prepared, but JIB has some players banged up. Godsey was limping on and off the field all night Friday. I don't think JIB has anything else to prove to the LPD this year.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raider13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From all the players I have talked to, Jimbo is not just going to play his starters the first half and then take them out....Everyone that I have talked to has said that he is going for the win, I think he sees it as a chance for us to get better before the playoffs and you really want that momentum too... </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PioneerBlue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meaningless?? Tell that to all those Burton players who want that perfect season. </div></div>




    Perfect season dont mean [censored] if you dont bring home the state gold. Id rather have a 9-1 season and all my starters rested and healthy going into the playoffs.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    Trust me, no one is going into the game with the attitude of "who cares" this game is meaningless. I agree with Pioneer Blue, tell those kids in that locker room this game is meaningless and that 10-0 season is meaningless. We already have a week off to heal up some of the injuries but I can guarantee you that Coach Adams isn't taking the game lightly. Plus the last time we went to Legion Field Coach Adams broke his foot kicking the water cooler during halftime, I am sure he still pissed about that. The was the last regular season loss for the Raiders as well.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    13-1 is ok as long as the 1 is in the regular season...mull that over folks (not aimed at you burton 20219)
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #20
    Inactive Member VOL61's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2007
    Posts
    340
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: gate city vs. burton

    I personally think you need to go into every game you play with "must win" attitude. I don't think burton will play this game any different than they have all year. But I think GC will hang around but fade late. I think it will be decent game though.
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •